Cities Alliance is now accepting applications the 2015 edition of Catalytic Fund (CATF), a Cities Alliance funding instrument which provides grant support for innovative projects that strengthen and promote the role of cities in poverty reduction and in sustainable urban development. This year’s edition will be based around the theme: ‘"Migration and the Inclusive City"’.
Why Migration and Cities?
Around the world an estimated one billion people are migrating. While their reasons for migrating will vary, most have one thing in common: They will end up in cities at some point in their journeys, many in informal settlements. How cities respond to migration, both practically and in terms of policy, will determine whether those migrants have the opportunity to evolve into tomorrow’s middle classes or live their lives excluded from the city and in deprivation.
By focusing the 2015 Call on Migration and the Inclusive City, Cities Alliance seeks to promote innovative policy responses and practical approaches that adopt an inclusive response to migrants, including access to land, services, employment opportunities as well as recognition and voice.
Proposals should promote innovation and catalytic impact in support of the strategic goal of the Catalytic Fund, which is to stimulate transformational change in cities.
Proposals are requested on one or more of the following focus areas. Proposals can address international and/or internal migration; all should demonstrate clear attention to the issue of gender equality. Proposals could also address the special needs, capacities and potentials of the most vulnerable migrant groups (such as children).
- LIVE: Migrants’ access to basic urban services, livelihoods and social protection.
- WORK: The access, integration and role of migrants in the city labour market and local economy.
- CONNECT: Social integration and inclusion of migrants in the city.
- PARTICIPATE: Migrants’ inclusion into city planning and local decision-making processes.
How to Apply
All Concept Notes must be:
- Submitted by midnight 8 May 2015 Central European Time
- Submitted using the Cities Alliance Concept Note template in English, French or Spanish
- Provide all of the information and support documentation requested
- Submitted via e-mail ONLY to the Cities Alliance Secretariat at [email protected]
For more info, see: www.citiesalliance.org/
Source: Cities Alliance